Kayachikitsa is the foremost of the 8 disciplines in Ayurveda (Ashtanga-Ayurveda). It caters to diseases encompassing both, the body and the mind.
‘Kaya’ refers to the body and its metabolism and since Ayurveda considers most diseases an offshoot of errant metabolism, it’s
easy to conclude that Kayachikitsa is the backbone of the science of Ayurveda. It is used not just to cure or manage a disease, but equally to prevent diseases and promote health.
An integral component in the treatment of most diseases and in ensuring wellness is Panchakarma.
PANCHAKARMA MAY TAKE TWO FORMS
PARTIAL OR COMPLETE EXTERNAL TREATMENTS
MEDICATIONS ADMINISTERED TO THE BODY VIA ORAL/ NASAL/ ANAL ROUTES
- Respiratory allergies and infection
- Gastro-intestinal problems like acidity, irritable bowels, hepatitis etc.
- Bone and joint problems like arthritis, spondylitis, disc prolapse etc.
- Neurological illnesses like Migraine, Paralysis, Parkinson’s disease, Ataxias etc.
- Ano-rectal conditions like piles, fistula, fissure etc.
Panchakarma cleanses the system, thereby helping the body absorb and assimilate nutrients and medicaments better