Prof Dr G G Gangadharan
A life dedicated in service of the people through Ayurveda
Prof Dr G G Gangadharan
A reputed Ayurvedic physician, he has dedicated his life to channelling the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda towards achieving the wellness and wellbeing of mankind.
Through his work in the research, development and publication of path-breaking studies and monographs, Dr GG has made significant contributions to the revival of the Indian System of Medicine and to local health traditions.
An expert in authentic Ayurvedic methods of diagnosis, including pulse diagnosis or Nadipariksha, Dr GG is also known for his ingenuity in treating chronic ailments and lifestyle disorders.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Master of Management, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 2014
- Ph.D, Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune, 2013
- Fellow of Ashoka Innovators for the Public, Ashoka Trust, USA, 2000
- Ayurvedacharya’ Ayurveda Medical Degree, Madras University, 1985
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Research and treatment of lifestyle diseases like osteoarthritis, diabetes, IBS, substance addictions, cardiovascular conditions, stroke and obesity
- Uses his stature to influence public and government opinion on traditional Indian healthcare practices; has held many advisory positions in the state and union governments of India
- Results of one of his research projects have been published by the prestigious Nature magazine https://www.nature.com/articles/srep15786
- Has conducted training programmes and presented papers in the US, UK, Germany, China, Nepal, Italy, Hong Kong, etc.
- Author of 3 research projects, 12 research articles, 13 primary papers and 6 books.
- Was the National Convener of the World Ayurveda Congress, 2002 and 2010
- Additional Director, Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine (I-AIM)
- Vice President, Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (P) Ltd.
- Founder President, Centre for Innovation in Science & Social Action (CISSA)
- Deputy Chairman, AVR Educational Foundation of Ayurveda – an Educational & Research Institute on Ayurveda
- Convener, Scientific Advisory Committee of International Institute of Ayurveda (Chemistry Division) – approved as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
- Temporary Advisor to the Regional Director, WHO (2009)
- Member of Scientific Advisory Committee (Ayurveda), CCRAS, Department of AYUSH, Govt. of India
- Expert committee member on excipients on AYUSH Medicines, AYUSH Department, Govt. of India
- Member of Task Force on Medical Manuscripts, Department of AYUSH, Govt. of India
- Member of the National Task force for national campaign on Geriatric Care of CCRAS, AYUSH Department, Govt. of India
- Member, Research Advisory Committee of Herbal Research & Development Institute (HRDI), Govt. of Uttaranchal, Gopeshwar
- Member, Technical Advisory Body of All India Coordinated Program on Medicinal Plants, Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of India (1990 – 1993)
- Member, Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani Drugs Technical Advisory Board (ASUDTAB), Dept. of ISM & H., Govt. of India (2000-2003)
- Trustee of Patriotic and People Oriented Science and Technology Foundation, Madras, an organization of modern scientists, keen in revitalizing India’s Scientific Tradition (1995-2000)
- Ex-Member, State Medicinal Plant Board, Kerala
- Ex-Member, Steering Committee, State Medicinal Plants Board, Tamil Nadu
- Ex-Member, Sub-Committee on Medicinal Plants, State Biodiversity Board, Karnataka
- Ex-Member of Board of Management of CHETNA, a unit of Nehru Foundation for Development, Ahmedabad, an organization working towards strengthening under-privileged women and children, especially in the areas of Nutrition and Development (2000 onwards)
- Ex-Member of National Committee to review the TKDL Project of AYUSH Department
- Working Committee Member of Amity Institute for Herbal Biotech Products Development (AIHBPD), for streamlining India’s Traditional Knowledge towards formulating a Sui Genesis Regime, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
For modern science water is just H2O. t is either potable or contaminated. But Ayurveda has a lot to say about water, and its effect on health. The qualities of water, based on its source, time of collection and so on, are explained in great...
Ayurveda touches all aspects of life – the mundane and those beyond physical existence. It perceives the gross and subtle at different junctures and proffers advice according to one’s propensity to align with them. To the seeker, Ayurveda makes...
Derangement of functions within the body may occur due to multiple causes like diet, lifestyle or environment. The resultant disease may manifest itself in a gradual way. In the initial phase there may be an absence of symptoms. At a later stage...
Contact dr gg
Feel free to ask your queries that can alleviate the ailment that haunts you at present